- A collection of miscellaneous things; a jumble.
- His latest sculpture is a hodgepodge of kitchen clutter and scrap glued together. In fact, all his recent pieces have been similar hodgepodges.
- 1653, Izaak Walton, The Compleat Angler
- Man's life is but vain, for 'tis subject to pain, / And sorrow, and short as a bubble; / 'Tis a hodge-podge of business, and money, and care, / And care, and money, and trouble.
- farrago, hotchpotch, melange, mingle-mangle, mishmash, oddments, odds and ends, omnium-gatherum, ragbag
- See also Wikisaurus:hodgepodge
collection of miscellaneous things; a jumble