- (chiefly African American Vernacular) A fellow, particularly a male acquaintance, from one's home town.
- 2000, Tommy Housworth, Smirking into the Abyss 
- Corey F: Chill, Steve-o. I’m just lookin’ after my home slice here.
- 2002, Stephen J Cannell, The Viking Funeral 
- Rod was my home slice. He and I rolled up scumbags together for two years in SWAT. I loved that guy.
- 2003, Frank Owen, Clubland 
- He was practically a home slice and knew all the ancient haunts.
- 2000, Tommy Housworth, Smirking into the Abyss