Last modified on 21 June 2013, at 00:11
- (US, colloquial) In any set of circumstances whatsoever.
- How in thunderation could anyone anticipate a result like this?
- Where in thunderation have you been?
- Why in thunderation should I believe anything you say?
- There is no way in thunderation that I'm going to that wedding.
An intensifier with similar usage to the idioms "in the world" or "in hell." Often used in interrogative sentences and preceded by "who," "what," "where," "when," "how," or "why."