From Latin incestus.
- IPA: /ˈɪnsɛst/
- Rhymes: -ɪnsɛst
- Sexual relations between close relatives, usually considered taboo; in many jurisdictions, close relatives are not allowed to marry, and incest is a crime.
- Genetic problems caused by incest are thought to have plagued many royal families in the Middle Ages.
- 2005, George R. R. Martin, A Feast for Crows: A Song of Ice and Fire, page 225:
- He was only Craster's whelp, an abomination born of incest, not the son of the King-beyond-the-Wall.
sexual relations between close relatives
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- IPA: /ǐntsest/
- Hyphenation: in‧cest
ìncest m (Cyrillic spelling ѝнцест)
declension of incest