- Of two things: that cannot coexist; not congruous because of differences; irreconcilable; disagreeing.
- (chemistry) Incapable of being together without mutual reaction or decomposition, as certain medicines.
impossible to coexist; irreconcilable
incompatible (plural incompatibles)
- (medicine, chemistry, chiefly in the plural) An incompatible substance; one of a group of things that cannot be placed or used together because of a change of chemical composition or opposing medicinal qualities.
- the incompatibles of iron
incompatible (masculine and feminine, plural incompatibles)
- "incompatible" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).