From Latin indelebilis (“indestructible”).
- having the quality of being difficult to remove, wash away, blot out, or efface;
- This ink spot on the contract is indelible.
- This stain on my shirt is indelible.
- incapable of being canceled, lost, or forgotten.
- That horrible story just might make an indelible impression on the memory.
- incapable of being annulled
difficult to remove or wash away
incapable of being canceled or forgotten
incapable of being annulled
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Read in another language
This page is available in 16 languages