- having the quality of being difficult to remove, wash away, blot out, or efface
- This ink spot on the contract is indelible.
- This stain on my shirt is indelible.
- incapable of being canceled, lost, or forgotten
- That horrible story just might make an indelible impression on the memory.
- 2014, Ruzwana Bashir, "The untold story of how a culture of shame perpetuates abuse. I know, I was a victim", The Guardian, 29 August 2014:
- During our investigation it became clear that for three decades many other women had suffered at the hands of our abuser, but they had refused to testify against him because of the indelible stigma it would bring.
- incapable of being annulled
- They are endued with indelible power from above.
difficult to remove or wash away
incapable of being canceled or forgotten
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.