- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
indentation (plural indentations)
- The act of indenting or state of being indented.
- A notch or recess, in the margin or border of anything; as, the indentations of a leaf, of the coast, etc.
- A recess or sharp depression in any surface.
- The act of beginning a line or series of lines at a little distance within the flush line of the column or page, as in the common way of beginning the first line of a paragraph.
- A measure of the distance from the flush line; as, an indentation of one em, or of two ems.
notch or recess in a margin or border
recess or sharp depression in a surface
act of beginning a line at a distance from the flush line
Read in another language
This page is available in 15 languages