Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
From Latin inūtilis (“useless”).
- IPA: /i.ny.til/, X-SAMPA: /i.ny.til/
Audio (France, Paris) (file)
- Homophone: inutiles
- Hyphenation: i‧nu‧tile
inutile (masculine and feminine, plural inutiles)
inutile m and f (m and f plural inutili)
- (ineffective): ineffettivo
- nominative neuter singular of inūtilis
- accusative neuter singular of inūtilis
- vocative neuter singular of inūtilis