- first-person singular present indicative of ledere
From Old Portuguese ledo (“happy”), from Latin laetus (“happy”). Cognate with Galician ledo, Spanish ledo and Italian lieto.
ledo m (feminine leda plural ledos feminine plural ledas; comparable)
- happy, joyful
- 1572, Luís Vaz de Camões, Os Lusíadas, 3rd canto:
- Naquelle engano da alma, ledo & cego, / Que a fortuna não deixa durar muito,
- In that happy and blind illusion of the soul, / Which fortune does not allow to endure for long,
Last modified on 17 February 2014, at 02:04
- Obsolete plural form of led, past tense of lida.