from light, the noun
- (uncountable) the condition of being illuminated
- (uncountable) the relative whiteness or transparency of a colour
- (countable) The product of being illuminated.
the product of being illuminated
From light, the adjective.
- The state of having little weight, or little force.
- Agility of movement.
- Freedom from worry.
1852, Mrs M.A. Thompson, “The Tutor's Daughter”, in Graham's American Monthly Magazine of Literature, Art, and Fashion, page 266:
- In the lightness of my heart I sang catches of songs as my horse gayly bore me along the well-remembered road.
- Levity, frivolity; inconsistency.