- “marknad” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.
From Old Norse markaðr, marknaðr (“market”), from northern Old French market, from Old French marchiet, from Latin mercātus (“market”). Cognate with Danish and Norwegian Bokmål marked, Norwegian Nynorsk marknad, Faeroese marknaður, Icelandic markaður.
- market (place for trading in general)
- market; organized trading event
- market; a group of potential customers
- market; a geographical area where a certain commercial demand exist
- market; a formally organized system of trading
- (trading event): marken (dialectal)