From Old Norse markaðr, marknaðr (“market”), from northern Old French market, from Old French marchiet, from Latin mercātus (“market”). Cognate with Danish and Norwegian marked, Faeroese marknaður, Icelandic markaður.
- market (place for trading in general)
- market; organized trading event
- market; a group of potential customers
- market; a geographical area where a certain commercial demand exist
- market; a formally organized system of trading
Declension of marknad
- (trading event): marken (dialectal)