Last modified on 20 June 2013, at 17:53
move up (third-person singular simple present moves up, present participle moving up, simple past and past participle moved up)
- (transitive) to put something higher or further.
- (transitive) to promote, put onto a higher level.
- (transitive) to raise, put onto a higher place.
- (transitive) to put higher on a list.
- (intransitive) to move higher
- to be promoted
- to pass to a higher level
- (intransitive) to move one's position to allow others to occupy a place.
- Can you move up to the next seat so we can sit together, please?