Last modified on 7 October 2013, at 02:14
From Latin nōnāgēnārius (“of the number ninety”) (from nonageni (“ninety each”), from nonaginta (“ninety”), from nona- (akin to novem (“nine”)) + -ginta (akin to viginti (“twenty”)), + -arius) + -an
nonagenarian (plural nonagenarians)
- One who is between the age of 90 and 99, inclusive. One who is in his or her tenth decade.
one who is between the ages of 90 and 99
- Czech: devadesátník m, devadesátnice f
- Finnish: yhdeksänkymmenvuotias
- French: please add this translation if you can
- Hungarian: kilencvenes éveiben járó
- Polish: dziewięćdziesięciolatek (pl) m, dziewięćdziesięciolatka (pl) f
- Russian: девяностолетний (ru) (devjanostolétnij)
nonagenarian (not comparable)
- Being between the age of 90 and 99, inclusive. In one's tenth decade.
- Of or relating to a nonagenarian.