- (US, idiomatic) worthless, lacking in value.
- This vase is not worth a dime. Why did you pay so much for it?
- His opinions aren't worth a dime.
- 1878, New York Times:
- Eight of the nine who got damages were not worth a dime, and all but six of those who failed to sustain their suits were worthless.
- 2011, Baldev Seekri, Organizational Turnarounds with a Human Touch, page 211:
- It is extremely vital, because without demonstrating performance and excellence, all the philosophies and reasoning discussed and embedded in the previous two phases are not worth a dime and will look hollow.