Last modified on 16 June 2013, at 11:53
nudge nudge wink wink
- (idiomatic) A phrase added at the end of the sentence to hint that the speaker is referring to something else, euphemistically.
- 1971 "Nudge Nudge" from Monty Python's Flying Circus
- Is, uh,... Is your wife a goer, eh? Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more?
- Anyway, the reason I didn't answer the door was because I was busy in bed, nudge nudge wink wink.
- This is the equivalent of nudging someone and winking at them, which cannot be done in writing. When spoken, adds a humorous connotation.
- In some areas is said as "wink wink, nudge nudge"