- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈɒbfʌskeɪt/, /ˈɒbfəskeɪt/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈɑːbfʌskeɪt/, /ˈɑːbfəskeɪt/
Audio (US) (file)
- To make dark; overshadow
- To deliberately make more confusing in order to conceal the truth.
- Before leaving the scene, the murderer set a fire to obfuscate any evidence of his or her identity.
- (computing) To alter code while preserving its behavior but conceal its structure and intent.
- We need to obfuscate these classes before we ship the final release.
- (to make dark): darken, eclipse, overshadow
- (to deliberately make more confusing): confuse, muddle, obscure
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Read in another language
This page is available in 15 languages