officer (plural officers)
- One who has a position of authority in a hierarchical organization, especially in military, police or government organizations.
- One who holds a public office.
- An agent or servant imparted with the ability, to some degree, to act on initiative.
- (colloquial, military) A commissioned officer.
one who has a position of authority in a hierarchical organization
one who holds a public office
an agent or servant imparted with the ability to act on initiative
a contraction of the term "commissioned officer"
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
(transitive) To supply with officers
(transitive) To command like an officer