- (idiomatic) prohibited to enter
- You can play wherever you want, but remember that the cemetery is out of bounds.
- (idiomatic) beyond the bounds of civility or morality; extremely unreasonable
- You were out of bounds to call him a criminal.
- Outside the area of play; beyond the sideline of a playing field or court.
- The ball went out of bounds.
out of bounds (uncountable)
- A sideline marking the edge of a playing field or court.
Read in another language
This page is available in 3 languages