- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌpælɪˈɒɡɹəfi/, /ˌpeɪlɪˈɒɡɹəfi/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌpeɪliˈɑɡɹəfi/
Audio (US) (file)
paleography (plural paleographies)
- (US) The study of old/ancient forms of writing.
- (US) Ancient forms of writing, as in a manuscript or document.
- (obsolete) Paleogeography.
study of old forms of writing
- “paleography” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- “palaeography | paleography, n.” listed in the Oxford English Dictionary, second edition, draft revision (March 2005)