parapet (plural parapets)
- A low retaining wall.
- Part of a perimeter that extends above the roof.
1907, Harold Bindloss, chapter 26, The Dust of Conflict:
- Maccario, it was evident, did not care to take the risk of blundering upon a picket, and a man led them by twisting paths until at last the hacienda rose blackly before them. Appleby could see it dimly, a blur of shadowy buildings with the ridge of roof parapet alone cutting hard and sharp against the clearing sky.
- A fortification consisting of a wall.
- (low retaining wall): balustrade
a low retaining wall
a fortification consisting of a wall
- (low retaining wall): railing
- "parapet" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
parapet m (plural parapets)
parapet m (diminutive parapecik)
declension of parapet