- Continuing in a course of action without regard to discouragement, opposition or previous failure.
- Persistent determination to adhere to a plan of direction; insistence.
- 2004, Chris Wallace, Character: Profiles in Presidential Courage
- It had taken nine years from the evening that Truman first showed up with a pie plate at her mother's door, but his dogged perseverance eventually won him the hand of his boyhood Sunday school crush.
persistent determination to adhere to a course of action; insistence
- Arabic: مثابرة f (muθābara)
- Catalan: perseverança f
- Mandarin: 恆心, 恒心 (zh) (héngxīn), 毅力 (zh) (yìlì)
- Czech: vytrvalost f, úpornost f
- Dutch: volharding (nl) f, vasthoudendheid f
- Finnish: hellittämättömyys, itsepintaisuus, peräänantamattomuus, määrätietoisuus
- French: persévérance (fr) f
- Galician: perseveranza f
- German: Beharrlichkeit (de) f, Ausdauer (de) f
- Hungarian: állhatatosság (hu), kitartás (hu)
- Icelandic: þrautseigja f, þolgæði n, harðfylgi (is) n
- Irish: buanseasmhacht f, buanseasamh m
Last modified on 27 November 2013, at 16:46