Personify + -ication.
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
personification (plural personifications)
- A person, thing or name typifying a certain quality or idea; an embodiment or exemplification.
- Adolf Hitler was the personification of anti-Semitism.
- A figure of speech, prosopopeia, in which an inanimate object or an abstraction is given human qualities.
- The writer used personification to convey her ideas.
- An artistic representation of an abstract quality as a human
- The Grim Reaper is a personification of death.
person, thing or name typifying a certain quality or idea
figure of speech
Read in another language
This page is available in 20 languages