- I extend, stretch out, reach, matter
- I belong, relate, pertain, have concern
- I have a tendency to, tend to
- I am the property of, belong to; I am attributable to
The verb's direct object is written as the object of the preposition ad.
Conjugation of pertineo (second conjugation, active only)
- English: pertain
- Galician: pertencer
- Italian: partenere, pertenere
- Portuguese: pertencer
- Spanish: pertenecer
- “pertineo” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.