See also: filter
- Rhymes: -ɪltə(r)
philter (plural philters)
- A kind of potion, charm, or drug; especially love potion intended to make the drinker fall in love with the giver. [from the 16th c.]
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
- To impregnate or mix with a love potion.
- to philter a draught
- To charm to love; to excite to love or sexual desire by a potion.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Gov. of Tongue to this entry?)
Read in another language
This page is available in 5 languages