Last modified on 22 September 2013, at 07:57
pixelate (third-person singular simple present pixelates, present participle pixelating, simple past and past participle pixelated)
- To divide an image into pixels, or to display an image in pixels
- 2009 2009-08-19, Andreas Kokkino, “Best in Show”, New York Times:
- In a fittingly modern use of mosaic tile, Tord Boontje pixelates his signature floral designs in a new collection of storage furniture for Bisazza Home.
- To transform an image into large pixels in order to hide an identity
- Be careful not to confuse the simple past and past participle, pixelated, with the completely unrelated term pixilated.