Audio (US) (file)
placeholder (plural placeholders)
- Something used or included temporarily or as a substitute for something that is not known or must remain generic; that which holds, denotes or reserves a place for something to come later.
- This is placeholder data, so you’ll want to include the real numbers as soon as you have them.
- 2013 February 14, Scott Tobias, “Film: Reviews: A Good Day To Die Hard”, The Onion AV Club:
- “I’m on vacation,” Willis grumbles several times throughout A Good Day To Die Hard, in what counts as the film’s sole running joke, a lame placeholder until he arrives at the big “yippee-ki-yay” punchline.
- kadigan, kadigin, cadigan,
- See Wikisaurus:thingy, Wikisaurus:whatsaname, Category:Metasyntactic words