See also: Proctor
- proctour (obsolete)
proctor (plural proctors)
- (US) A person who supervises students as they take an examination, in the United States at the college/university level; often the department secretary, or a fellow/graduate student.
- (UK) An official at any of several older universities
- (UK, law) A legal practitioner in ecclesiastical and some other courts
- (obsolete) One appointed to collect alms for those who could not go out to beg for themselves, such as lepers and the bedridden.
- (examination supervisor): invigilator
person who supervises students as they take an examination
UK university official
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.