Last modified on 10 February 2014, at 23:33
From prō (“in front of”) + ferō (“carry, bear”).
present active prōferō, present infinitive prōferre, perfect active prōtulī, supine prōlātum (irregular)
- I bring out, bring forth.
- I appear, show myself.
- I offer, proffer.
- I stretch out, extend.
- (military) I march on, advance.
- (figuratively) I produce, induce growth.
- I utter, pronounce.
- I put off, defer, adjourn.
- (painting) I bring out, represent distinctly.
- (figuratively, with se) I raise or elevate myself from a lower station.
- I make known, publicize.
- I discover, invent, reveal.
- I quote, cite, mention.
- I impel.
- I prolong.
- profero in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879