- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɹɒteʒeɪ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɹoʊtəʒeɪ/
- or as in French
protégée (plural protégées)
- A female protégé.
- The Admiral delighted in the boy, Mrs. Crawford doted on the girl; and it was the lady's death which now obliged her protégée, after some months' further trial at her uncle's house, to find another home.
- 2009: The Week, issue 700 (2009 January 31), News, Talking points, page 21, “Rachida Dati: why was she fired?”
- Though formerly a protégée and friend of Sarkozy, Dati has fallen from grace in the past year, said John Lichfield in The Independent.