From the Latin pullulātus, perfect passive participle of pullulō (“sprout forth”), from pullulus (“a young animal, a sprout”), diminutive of pullus.
pullulate (third-person singular simple present pullulates, present participle pullulating, simple past and past participle pullulated)
- To rapidly multiply.
- To germinate.
- To teem with; to be filled with.
to rapidly multiply
- Dutch: krioelen,zich grote getale voortplanten
- Dutch: kiemen (nl),zich ontwikkelen
- Polish: kiełkować (pl), zakiełkować
- second-person plural present indicative of pullulare
- second-person plural imperative of pullulare
- feminine plural of pullulato
Last modified on 7 October 2013, at 17:46
- second-person plural present active imperative of pullulō