- (idiomatic) Done or constructed in a hasty, approximate, temporarily adequate manner, but not exact, fully formed, or reliable for a long period of time.
- I can do a quick-and-dirty market analysis in time for the meeting tomorrow.
- (computing) Of or pertaining to the creation or repair of software or hardware in a manner which permits operation within a brief period of time, although with compromised functionality or reliability.
- (US, slang) An inexpensive, inelegant eatery; a greasy spoon.
- (idiomatic) A quick, temporary fix, estimate, or the like.
- The car broke down but we managed to do a quick-and-dirty and were back on the road in fifteen minutes.
- “quick-and-dirty” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language