Last modified on 18 June 2013, at 20:57
re- + fuse. The hyphen is to avoid confusion with refuse.
re-fuse (third-person singular simple present re-fuses, present participle re-fusing, simple past and past participle re-fused)
- (transitive) To fit with another fuse.
- 1897, American Electrician: Volume 9
- The plugs are made of porcelain in one piece, and can readily be re-fused, as with these boards it is not necessary to open a circuit switch to re-fuse a circuit […]
- 1953, The Electrical Journal: Volume 150
- It incorporates the same simple re-fusing device as is used in the standard Ediswan Clix BS 1363 Fused Plug, and the adaptor outlet is shuttered.