real deal (plural real deals)
- (literally) An authentic bargain.
- (idiomatic) A beneficial result or favorable state-of-affairs.
- (idiomatic, preceded by the) A thing or person which is genuine, authentic, or worthy of serious regard.
- 2007 Oct. 9, R. D. Russell, "Will the Real Blue-Eyed Soul Artists Please Stand Up?," playbackstl.com:
- George Michael is the real deal—a real blue-eyed soul artist whom you can wholeheartedly get behind, knowing that you'll never be duped or deceived by his lust for commercial success.
Last modified on 10 November 2012, at 20:52