rennet (countable and uncountable, plural rennets)
- An enzyme used as the first step in making cheese, to curdle the milk and coagulate the casein in it, derived by soaking the fourth stomach of a milk-fed calf in brine.
- Sardinian: cracu, cragu, callu, cazu
- Campidanese Sardinian: calladeddu
- Gallurese Sardinian: gjuncata
- Logudorese Sardinian: giagàdu, giagu
- Sassarese Sardinian: ciaggu
- Sicilian: quagghiu (scn), quagliu (scn)
- Spanish: cuajo (es) m
- Swedish: löpe (sv), ostlöpe (sv)
- Venetian: cajo, caio, cagio, conajo (vec), conagio
rennet (plural rennets)
- A kind of apple.
- Second-person plural subjunctive I of rennen.