responsibility (plural responsibilities)
- The state of being responsible, accountable, or answerable.
- Responsibility is a heavy burden.
- A duty, obligation or liability for which someone is held accountable.
- Why didn't you clean the house? That was your responsibility!
- The responsibility of the great states is to serve and not to dominate the world - Harry S. Truman
- (military) The obligation to carry forward an assigned task to a successful conclusion. With responsibility goes authority to direct and take the necessary action to ensure success. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
- (military) The obligation for the proper custody, care, and safekeeping of property or funds entrusted to the possession or supervision of an individual. (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms).
the state of being responsible
a duty, obligation or liability for which someone is responsible
- responsibility in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- responsibility in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- Feltus, C.; Petit, M. (2009). "Building a Responsibility Model Including Accountability, Capability and Commitment", Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ( IEEE ), Fukuoka, 2009. Building a Responsibility Model Including Accountability, Capability and Commitment
Read in another language
This page is available in 39 languages