- Undergoing a resurgence; experiencing renewed vigor or vitality.
- (astronomy) Of a celestial object, moving upwards relative to the horizon after a period of having moved downwards.
- Rising again, as from the dead.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Coleridge to this entry?)
resurgent (plural resurgents)
- One who rises again, as from the dead.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sydney Smith to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.