retrospect (plural retrospects)
- consideration of past times
- 1853, Charlotte Bronte, "Villette":
- 1976, Terry Kay, The Year the Lights Came On, 1989 University of Georgia Press edition, ISBN 0820311286, page 298:
- Whether, like Colin, in retrospect Willie Lee and Baptist would feel that what has vanished was greater than what was achieved, is not something we can predict.
consideration of past times
- To look or refer back to; to reflect on
- 1804: Alexander Hamilton, Letter to John Adams (Bartlett) - To give a correct idea of the circumstances.., it may be useful to retrospect to an early period.