Last modified on 13 August 2014, at 16:40
ride the short bus
- (US, idiomatic, education) To participate in a special education program, such as for those with learning disabilities.
- (US, idiomatic, pejorative) To have a need for a special education program, as though one were learning disabled.
- 2006, Mark Driscoll, Confessions of a Reformission Rev
- ...complete with golden shag carpet on the floor and Christian rock posters on the wall for the poor kids forced to ride the short bus of Christian culture...
- 2009, Micol Ostow, GoldenGirl
- "Have you been riding the short bus, or something? You know what Us Weekly said about her."