rundown (plural rundowns)
- A rough outline. Generally used in the definite, as the rundown.
- Could you give me the rundown on the new rules?
- (baseball) A defensive play in which the runner is caught between two fielders, who steadily converge to tag the runner out.
- Smith is caught in a rundown, but Jones will come around to score.
a rough outline
baseball: defensive play
rundown (not comparable)
- Alternative form of run-down.
run-down — see run-down
Read in another language
This page is available in 6 languages