salesmanship (plural salesmanships)
- The skills and knowledge of how to sell.
- The professional dealer's salesmanship was incredible, I was just looking but he managed to convince me to buy three times what I was considering buying over the next six months.
- 2012 April 29, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Treehouse of Horror III” (season 4, episode 5; originally aired 10/29/1992)”:
- The idea of a merchant selling both totems of pure evil and frozen yogurt (he calls it frogurt!) is amusing in itself, as is the idea that frogurt could be cursed, but it’s really the Shopkeeper’s quicksilver shift from ominous doomsaying to chipper salesmanship that sells the sequence.
- (UK, marketing, business) A position as salesman.
Read in another language
This page is available in 7 languages