See also: սարդ
sard (plural sards)
- (mineralogy) A variety of carnelian, of a rich reddish yellow or brownish red color.
- Any of various brownish red earth pigments formerly used in cosmetics and painting; has more yellow, hardly any blue (see puce), is lighter than russet and darker than traditional carnelian.
sard (third-person singular simple present sards, present participle sarding, simple past and past participle sarded)
- (obsolete) to seduce (a woman)
From Latin sard-, stem of sardus.
- Sardinian (pertaining to Sardinia, to the Sardinian people, or to the Sardinian language)
- Sardinian (an inhabitant of Sardinia)
- Sardenya (“Sardinia”)
- Sardinian (a Romance language indigenous to Sardinia)
sard m (plural sards)
- white seabream (a fish of species Diplodus sargus)
Read in another language
This page is available in 11 languages