schade (plural schades)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
From Old Dutch *skatho, from Proto-Germanic *skaþô.
- (Belgium) IPA: /ˈsçaː.də/
audio (Belgium) (file)
- (Netherlands) IPA: /ˈsxaː.də/
audio (Netherlands) (file)
schade f (uncountable)
- voorkom alcoholschade bij uw opgroeiende kind — prevent damage from alcohol in your maturing child
schade (used predicatively)
- Das ist aber schade! or, for short, Schade!
- Es ist zu schade, dass ...
- It's a pity that ...
- 1st person singular present indicative of schaden
- 2nd person singular imperative of schaden
- 1st and 3rd person singular present subjunctive of schaden