scope (plural scopes)
- The breadth, depth or reach of a subject; a domain.
- a device used in aiming a projectile, through which the person aiming looks at the intended target
- (computing) The region of program source in which an identifier is meaningful.
- (logic) The shortest sub-wff of which a given instance of a logical connective is a part of.
- (slang) Shortened form of periscope, telescope, microscope or oscilloscope.
breadth, depth or reach of a subject; a domain
device used in aiming a projectile
scope of an identifier
- To perform a cursory investigation, as to scope out.
- (slang) To perform arthroscopic surgery.
- The surgeon will scope the football player's knee to repair damage to a ligament.
- (slang) To examine under a microscope.
- The entomologist explained that he could not tell what species of springtail we were looking at without scoping it.
To perform arthroscopic surgery