- A subcategory of declarative memory, semantic memory stores general information such as names and facts.
- A system of the brain where logical concepts relating to the outside world are stored.
- Directions to mom’s house are stored in your semantic memory.
- (Advertising) the memory system which stores information relating to brands, thus where brand positioning is established.
- Product information that helps you decide which brand of soda to drink and why it is stored in your semantic memory.
The Advertising Research Handbook Charles E. Young, Ideas in Flight, Seattle, WA, April 2005 ISBN 0-9765574-0-1
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language