- (Canada) A senior non-commissioned appointment in the Army of a company or unit, directly responsible to the officer in charge for their soliders' performance, standards, discipline, morale, welfare, et al, that can be held by a Warrant Officer or above.
- (US) The most senior rank of non-commissioned officer in the United States Army and United States Marine Corps, ranking above a first sergeant.
- (UK) An appointment (not a rank) in the British Army and Royal Marines, denoting the most senior non-commissioned officer in a battalion, regiment or company.
- US Army Rank Insignia
- Sergeants Major of the Marine Corps, US Marine Corps Legacy Museum
- British and US Military Ranks
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language