sermon (plural sermons)
- religious discourse; a written or spoken address on a religious or moral matter
- a lengthy speech of reproval
- (poetic, obsolete) To discourse to or of, as in a sermon.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Spenser to this entry?)
- (poetic, obsolete) To tutor; to lecture.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
sermon m (plural sermons)