Last modified on 19 June 2013, at 02:01
shop steal (third-person singular simple present shop steals, present participle shop stealing, simple past and past participle -) (past tense and past participle not attested)
- (Australia) To shoplift.
- If you detect a person shop stealing, report it to the police.
- 1983, John A. Seymour, Juvenile Justice in South Australia, page 15,
- For example, shop stealing cases of the kind already described are regularly dealt with at the scene and, afterwards, at a police station without any involvement of parents or guardians.
- 2001 25 April, Doggy, “[1-25 Bag Search Refusal]”, aus.legal, Usenet:
- I have also in the past had court orders taken out on our known shop stealing customers to prevent them from entering my store.