- (broadcasting) Term used to describe the closing of a radio or television station's studios and cessation of a broadcasting signal, usually during the overnight hours.
- Sign off for the small-town radio station was at midnight.
- (idiomatic) To log off; to stop using a computer, radio, etc., especially to stop talking.
- He finished the conversation and signed off.
- (broadcasting) To cease broadcasting a radio or television signal, usually at the end of a broadcasting day.
- Before he signed off the radio station for the night, the disc jockey played the National Anthem.
- (followed by “on”) to give one's official approval to something for which it is needed
- Once the vice-president signs off on the project, we can start construction.
Read in another language
This page is available in 4 languages