- X-SAMPA: /sIr@p/
- syrup generally considered standard
sirup (plural sirups)
- (obsolete) A thick and viscid liquid made from the juice of fruits, herbs, etc., boiled with sugar.
- (obsolete) A thick and viscid saccharine solution of superior quality (as sugarhouse sirup or molasses, maple sirup); specifically, in pharmacy and often in cookery, a saturated solution of sugar and water (simple sirup), or such a solution flavored or medicated.
- Lucent sirups tinct with cinnamon. --John Keats.
- Mixing sirup. See the Note under Dextrose.
syrup — see syrup
- IPA: /sǐrup/
- Hyphenation: si‧rup
sìrup m (Cyrillic spelling сѝруп)
declension of sirup