- (intransitive) to move hurriedly or as by twitching or bouncing
- I opened the cabinet and hundreds of cockroaches went skittering off into the darkness.
- (intransitive) to make a skittering noise
- (intransitive) In Scotland : Diarrea.
to make characteristic noise
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
skitter (plural skitters)
- A skittering movement.
- A skitter of activity.
- A skitter of gooseflesh.